AACOMmunities eGroup Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to Customer Service via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact Customer Service. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Job postings to community discussions in AACOMmunities are considered to be commercial messages and are prohibited. However, AACOM hosts a job site, Job Connection, where job openings may be posted and responded to.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all the community participants to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
Legal Disclaimer and Rules
This site is provided as a service for the members of American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine. American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
Be Aware of Liability: You are responsible for what you post on this site. Be aware that individual bloggers have been liable for commentary deemed to be copyright infringement, defamatory, proprietary, libelous or obscene (as defined by the courts).
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Do not have online discussions of or about specific patients, do not have interactions with patients or give them medical advice on this site. Use sound ethical judgment and follow federal policies such as HIPAA and FERPA.
AACOM’s name cannot be used to promote a product, cause, political party or candidate.
Do not make disparaging comments about AACOM’s employees, its members or constituents.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine we will take all appropriate action.
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.